Steaks are super easy to cook if you know how to!
Here, Aqsaa shows us how she cooked up these tasty steaks (rump steak and ribeye steak), so do read on!
Here's a breakdown for cooking the steak:
- Take your steak out and rub generous amount of black pepper into it. You can rub in salt and oil too
- Leave the steak outside for 30 mins (so it’s at room temperature before cooking)
- Make sure your pan is very hot and then add in your steak, cooking for 1 minute on each side, then for 3 minutes on each side using a medium heat
- Let the steak rest before slicing and serving
For the mushroom sauce:
- Use the same pan that you cooked your steak in
- For 1.5 cup of sauce, add 1.5 cups of water to the pan followed by:
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube (optional)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 tsp ras al hanout
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp double cream.
- Let this mixture cook for a few minutes
- Serve over the steak with vegetables