There’s nothing quite like a tender leg of lamb full of flavour. Here’s a simple guide to make your cooking experience easier 😏
- 6 shallots or 3 small white onions, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 5g fresh rosemary, chopped
- 5g fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps cracked coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsps salt
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 480ml organic vegetable stock or Organic Chicken Broth
1) In a large bowl, mix the shallots, garlic, rosemary, mint, sugar, coriander, salt and chilli flakes. Rub the mixture over the surface of the lamb. Add butter if you want extra flavour. Place the lamb in a large glass baking dish, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
3) Take your lamb & pat it dry. Heat a roasting tray or large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Brown the lamb on both sides.
4) Set the tray with the lamb in it on a roasting rack and roast, fat side up, until it reaches an internal temperature of 60C, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to a platter. Set the tray over medium heat and add the stock, scraping the drippings and stirring to dissolve them in the stock. Simmer until reduced by half.
5) Rest the lamb leg before you serve
6) Serve the lamb with the reduced sauce, mint sauce, and vegetables, such as aubergine, courgette and parsnips, tossed with a splash of olive oil.
We can’t wait to see pictures of your meal - We hope the recipe helps! Don't forget to tag us @Saffron_Alley
You can shop our range of Free Range Grass Fed Lamb here. Rest assured all of our meat is Halal Tayyib, Hormone and Antibiotic Free and ethically raised. All orders are delivered directly to your door step as we believe, halal should be accessible and fairly priced.
Don't just take our word for it!